27 kesäkuuta 2020

Garden Joys / End June


There are so many things about my garden that made me happy this morning
when taking a round. It has been too hot and too dry. Yesterday evening was the first time 
we watered the garden with hose. Perhaps we have to repeat the watering tonight, too.
I took some photos, but the morning light was harsh, so they are not that excellent.
But I hope you like what you see.


In my last post I promised you more pinks and now they start to appear.
Lilium martagon is starting as Rosa rugosa ’Zwerg’ and ’Schneekoppe’.
Louise Odier seems to have suffered from draught and no fertilizing, flowers are small.



I replanted my Iris pseudacorus last summer. They grow well, but no blooming.


I have told you that Geranium macrorrhizum is an excellent ground cover. 
I have bought two plants and now I have it many square metres. Bad photos but here
it grows under trees in very poor soil at the edge of our parking place. I have it under shrubs too.

Geranium x cantabrigiense ’Biokovo’ looks so cute growing in my big pots!


White Campanula latifolia is about to bloom...


I am especially happy with Clematis recta ’Atropurpurea’ - it looks stunning.
I replanted it in 2018 and last year it stayed small but is now full of buds!
It is shrub-like and needs support. Now it hides the structure of iron net.
Blue Clematis integrifolia stays small but blooms every summer.



I have divided & donated most of my peonies to my daughter-in-law & daughter,
that’s why they don’t bloom abundantly this year. I love self seeded wild verbascums!



This is how my garden looked this morning.
Thank you for following my round - wishing you a good start to July!

❤︎❤︎❤︎
#all seasons #der natur donnerstag  #foto-tunes #gartenglück  #image-in-ing #makrotex   
#t in die neue woche #the weekend roundup #värikollaasit #willy-nilly  #watw

11 kommenttia:

  1. We are missing rain in Somero too. We are watering regularly.
    The garden is a real extension of the living-room and it is precious in summer.
    Have a great weekend, Riitta!

    VastaaPoista
  2. ...thanks for the tour of your garden oasis.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Good morning RIITTA.
    How beautiful is your garden! How wonderful.
    Your garden is tastefully done.
    Congratulations for the beautiful photos.
    Good weekend.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you so much for your visit & warm words. So nice to hear from you. You don't write any more your blog?

      Wishing you a great weekend and a good start to July. Besos y amrazos.

      Poista
  4. Dear Riitta,
    thank you for this wonderful tour through your garden paradise. It looks beautiful, everywhere it blooms in all kinds of colours.
    Best regards
    moni

    VastaaPoista
  5. What a wonderful garden, a place to dream.
    Magdalena

    VastaaPoista
  6. Those pics are beautiful, such an amount of small, different niches and tall trees. Wonderfull! Best regards,
    Ina

    VastaaPoista
  7. I thank you too for all these beautiful impressions of your garden. Lot of work, also with the watering but if it’s so dry it’s necessary. In this moments it would be nice to become rain during the night.

    ...and do you know what? I also see a T in the beginning.

    Greetings and hugs to you

    N☼va

    VastaaPoista
  8. Oh Riitta your garden is so beautiful, wonderful photos.

    Hugs
    Anke

    VastaaPoista
  9. Upea aamu upeassa puutarhassa! Rakastan puutarhoja, joissa on katselemista, yllätyksiä, kaartuvia/kiemurtelevia polkuja, huoneita ja vettä. Olet luonut todella kauniin puutarhan. Ja se puutarhan hoitohan se tärkeintä on... :)

    VastaaPoista
  10. El jardín está precioso, me gusta mucho. Besos.

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.