10 marraskuuta 2019

Sustainable Thinking in High Fashion?



We are all worried about the climate change and the impacts of industrial production and consumption on the environment. Every sector should try to act sustainably. There are ISO 20121 Standards for Sustainable Events, too - never knew or thought about that! A quote from that site: Events take a heavy toll on our resources, society and the environment. They can generate significant waste, put a strain on local resources like water or energy, or even ignite tensions in local communities. With ISO 20121 you can make your event sustainable, no matter its type or size. 
Read how Malmö, Sweden acted when arranging the Eurovision Song Contest in 2013.

At the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum, Florence there was an exhibition showing that sustainable thinking might be possible in High Fashion, too. I doubt this seriously! But at the exhibition all the garments were made out of recycled materials and even the mannequins were made out of biodegradable stuff. The exhibition was interesting. In the dark space my photos turned unsharp, but because this is an interesting topic, I’ll share them anywhay. There were SHOES of course! More photos from the exhibition HERE.








Designs by Salvatore Ferragamo (1998 -1960)
Yanis, Arnaud and Mehdi in high heels!



⭐️⭐️⭐️

#all seasons  #der natur donnerstag #digitalart dienstag #foto-tunes #gartenglück 
#image-in-ing  #makrotex #mosaic monday #my corner of the world #saturday’s critters
# t in die neue woche #the weekend roundup #uudet värikollaasit #wandering camera
#willy-nilly #watw

13 kommenttia:

  1. The rainbow sole shoes are fierce!

    VastaaPoista
  2. We hardly ever buy new clothes.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Riitta - yes, we must do all we can to limit our impact (and even reverse it) and I am encouraged to see that people are thinking creatively about how to do this. Thanks for sharing with everyone at Mosaic Monday!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Hehe, well done! I could not, I like my Birkenstock...
    Great exhibition, thanks for sharing.
    I wear mostly second hand clothing and don't buy a lot of new things, that's my way.
    Send you a ray of sunshine

    VastaaPoista
  5. I doubt it too!
    But thanks for sharing, Riitta. Have a nice new week ahead!

    VastaaPoista
  6. Nice exhibition and nice rainbow colours shoes. I only buy whenever there is a need.

    VastaaPoista
  7. ...where do I start? This sure is out of my little part of the world. Fashion for me is a pair of jeans and a t shirt. That video is amazing! Thank Riitta for expanding my world view. Enjoy your week.

    VastaaPoista
  8. I also find it hard to believe that high fashion can be sustainable. I liked these fashions better than many on the runways - often too far out to wear.

    VastaaPoista
  9. Interesantes. Un beso.

    VastaaPoista
  10. Hi Riitta, great photos from this Exhibition, thank you for sharing!
    I only buy new clothes, when something is necessary!
    Love and hugs, Claudia xo

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.