22 syyskuuta 2019

UFO has landed!


Futuro, designed by architect Matti Suuronen (1933–2013), was first shown to television and press in 1968. The Futuro is a vision of its time that continues to fascinate the people. A Futuro house is a round, prefabricated house of which fewer than 100 were built during the late 1960s and early 1970s. The shape, reminiscent of a flying saucer, and the structure's airplane hatch entrance have made the houses sought after by collectors. The Futuro is composed of fiberglass-reinforced polyester plastic, polyester-polyurethane, and poly(methylmethacrylate), measuring 4 metres (13 feet) high and 8 metres (26 feet) in diameter.


Photo: Heidi-Hanna Karhu

The Futuro's 50th anniversary exhibition presents the Futuro House and its worldwide distribution with photographs, captions and map graphics. The exhibition includes pictures of 50 Futuro's from around the world. It was not possible to see the Fururo more closely during my visit, it opens its doors only in the summertime. But the small Fururo-windows and the interactive system were fascinating to see. The Futuro has spread all over the world! Read more from London.


Photo: Wikipedia


Futuro is one example of the endless imagination of the Finnish architects.
Every design just can’t be a great success.


A charming song by Ella Fitzgerald from 1951 - Two Little Men in a Flying Saucer

27 kommenttia:

  1. Tuo Futuro on kyllä niin sulavalinjainen ja symppis!!

    VastaaPoista
  2. They are so cool. Do you think they would really look like that? I mean, spaceships. Do you think there are aliens? I have to say, I kind of hope so. I am a Trekkie after all. :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. This was the architects vision. As to ufos and aliens, of course I don't know. But the space is infinite, it would be very proud thinking that the earth is the only planet with life...

      Poista
  3. Interesante. Un beso.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Such a great example of why I love blogging! I learn something entirely new to me every day. Your “UFO” was my new favorite hung today! Loved learning about it...thank you for sharing.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank youn Sallie <3 This was a kind of flop, but still so cute!

      Poista
  5. Interesting post. Never seen a similar nice "house".

    VastaaPoista
  6. Hello, I think these future homes are cute. They seem small, I guess you have to downsize. Some have beautiful views.
    Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Yes, they look cute :) Futuro was intended as a holiday home, for example for skiing vacations. These few houses have spread all over the world.

      Poista
  7. Nosotros los finlandeses tenemos mucha imaginación :)))

    VastaaPoista
  8. I saw something like that on Island Rügen.
    Very cool.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. It might well have been a genuine Futuro - how nice!

      Poista
  9. Wouldn't that be something to see! I have an imagination when I look out in the forest but what if that was on a hilltop!!! How neat! I love the old movies that have neat props and I'll listen the this song! Enjoy your day!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. That song reminded me somehow of Doris Day :)

      Poista
  10. ...I'd love to try living in one of these round beauties! The song is new to me. Riitta, what a fabulous post, thanks so much for sharing, I hope that you are enjoying your week.

    VastaaPoista
  11. These are so cool! I enjoyed reading about them and seeing them in such different locations. Would love to see one for myself!

    VastaaPoista
  12. So amazing! Something i Never Expected . . . What a delight. Thanks.

    VastaaPoista
  13. Anonyymi23 syyskuuta

    Wow! The Futuro is wild and wonderful. I’ve not seen this before. Fascinating!

    VastaaPoista
  14. Riitta - if I wasn't having so much fun in our log home, I would opt for that white Futuro at the foot of the snow-clad mountains. Wow! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    VastaaPoista
  15. The Futuro does strongly resemble a spaceship! I think living in a round building would present some challenges. But it would be fun to live in one for awhile - very unique.

    VastaaPoista
  16. I looks like a strong wind would lift it up and blow it away!

    VastaaPoista
  17. Cool, Riitta! Looks great in the Woods ... but I don't know, if I would like to live in such a house ....
    Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week,
    Love and hugs, Claudia xo

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.