02 elokuuta 2019

Friday Bliss #47 - August Flowers for the Weekend


I have only a few different Hemerocallis and no abundant plantings of them.
I have donated all my Hemerocallis fulva to daughter & daughter-in-law.
This very dark brown is 'Sweet Hot Chocolate’, 'Frans Hals' behind.



This might be ’Sammy Russel’ - I have got it on a plant swap.
I love this the most, it is very beautiful in the sun.



Then I have this ’Destined to See’. It looks so lovely in the photo,
but so faded and ugly in my garden. Photo from here.


Bumblebees like also Veroniga virginica ’Alba’.




BEST BOOKS OF JULY
Best international books I red were Cien Años de Soledad by Gabriel García Márquez
- finally! And Beth Kempton’s Wabi-Sabi.
Right now I’m reading Alex Michaelides’ debut Silent Patient.
The protagonists are Alicia who shoots her husband  and then never speaks another word
and psychotherapist Theo who is convinced he can successfully treat Alicia,
where all others have failed. If Alicia speaks, would he want to hear the truth?

Have you read any of these?


Wishing you all a colourful August!
- riitta



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

18 kommenttia:

  1. Beautiful colours of the flowers. I love pictures of bumblebees.
    Thank you for hosting.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Good Morning dear Riitta,
    your flowers are so beautiful! What a lovely overview of August.
    Have a nice and sunny day.
    Hugs
    Eda

    VastaaPoista
  3. Wonderful flowers, Riitta.

    Hugs
    Anke

    VastaaPoista
  4. Liebe Riitta,
    mit deinen bezaubernden Blüten heißt du den August willkommen. Bezaubernd!
    Liebe Grüße
    Lieselotte

    VastaaPoista
  5. Guten Morgen liebe Riitta,
    herrlich anzuschauen sind deine Blütenblider ! Ich wünsche dir ein wunderbares Wochenende.
    Liebe Grüße von Anna

    VastaaPoista
  6. Stunning colours of your Hemerocallis flowers! Have a happy weekend!

    VastaaPoista
  7. Lovely assortment of lilies: pleasant for the eyes...
    Happy weekend to you, Riitta!

    VastaaPoista
  8. I wish you much sunshine, that the colours shine in the garden.
    L G Pia

    VastaaPoista
  9. The lilies are stunning especially 'Sweet Hot Chocolate'. Your daughter and dil will love those you've given them. Happy august to you and yours!

    VastaaPoista
  10. Upeat liljat sykähdyttävät aina! <3
    Kirjat ovat tuntemattomia minulle, mutta kuulostavat mielenkiintoisilta.

    Kaunista elokuuta!

    VastaaPoista
  11. Feliz mes de agosto. Besitos.

    VastaaPoista
  12. Dearest Riitta; I truly admire and loved your gorgeous "colorful August"♧♧♧ Lilly makes me imagine mainly pink p;)
    Love the sweet arrangement of your first picture of Sweet Hot Chocolate color one with Frans Hals♬ I was so attracted by the ”Destined to See” I tried to know the Japanese name, but I only could find the direct transportation as a phrase p-;) Picture Page showed me the variety of them♡♡♡ Thank you very much for your beautiful summer color.
    Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    VastaaPoista
  13. Anonyymi02 elokuuta

    Dear Riitta,
    I like lilies very much. They are grateful and beautiful flowers. The colours you show are simply wonderful and very unusual.
    Have a good start into a sunny and pleasant weekend,
    heartily moni

    VastaaPoista
  14. Riitta - gorgeous flowers to welcome us to August. I have not read any of the books you mention. I am such a slow reader in the summer since there are so many other things that I like to do! Thanks for hosting Friday Bliss!

    VastaaPoista
  15. Such unusual colours. Sweet Hot Chocolate is my favourite one :)

    -Soma

    VastaaPoista
  16. ...gorgeous collection of daylilies.

    VastaaPoista
  17. Beautiful daylilies!

    VastaaPoista
  18. Hi Riitta,wow, our Lillys are gorgeous, such beuatiful colours! I also LOVE the black Hollyhock!
    HAppy new week to you, Love and hugs, Claudia xo

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.