16 marraskuuta 2021

Greetings from Kirra


Thank you all my dear friends for wishing me good luck for the surgery ❤︎ Everything went well and I had to stay in the hospital for only one night. Waking up from the anesthesia was the worst part and of course the previous stress. You see, there is the possibility of injuring the facial nerve - but the lady surgeon Anna was skillful and my mouth does not droop a bit!

The problem was my left salivary gland that had shown symptoms and salivary stones many times before. This time the stone needed a surgery and they decided to remove the whole salivary gland. The stone’s diameter was approximately 1,2 cm! So far no suspect of malignancy. The pathologist's statement will arrive in four weeks.


Nicknamed Kirra & Kirurgi, the Helsinki Surgical Hospital / Kirurgiska sjukhuset is one of the oldest hospitals in Helsinki. It is situated in Ullanlinna near the Kaivopuisto Park. Completed in 1888, the hospital is administratively part of Helsinki University Central Hospital and there they concentrate on  examining and treating patients with ear, nose and throat diseases. We have a lot of modern hospitals in the Helsinki region, each of them have their own specialities and experts who serve the whole capital region. For instance my broken ankle was operated in the Töölö Hospital in Helsinki and my thyroid gland was removed in Jorvi, Espoo.



The cafe has an old world charm!



From Ehrenströmintie around Kaivopuisto the views over to the Gulf of Finland 
looked this dramatic early on Monday morning.


❤︎❤︎❤︎
#der natur donnerstag #gartenglück #how to survive november #image-in-ing #krapu 
#makrotex #my corner of the world #tuesday's treasures #wednesday around the world

31 kommenttia:

  1. I am also minus one saliva gland due to cat scratch fever that produced a lump - many years ago. I follow your blog because I'm a Finn half-breed - my father's family. I think the Finn side wins out over other DNA! I live near Seattle Washington - U.S.A.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Oh, how nice to get to know you Sillygirl! Well, we Finns have many good characteristics. You must have heard about our sisu and trustworthy, but also how introvet we are. Welcome!

      Poista
    2. I do know about sisu - think that is part of the DNA! The rest also fits me. We took a tour several years ago in Helsinki - my husband said I looked like I was among my people! He thinks the Finns are "something else".

      Poista
    3. I can’t find you. What is your webpage, would love to visit!

      Poista
    4. I don't blog - just visit blogs and enjoy what people write! We have a computer and I email - we have a land line and no cell phone so I am pretty low-tech. I do enjoy your writing and photos so please keep on blogging.

      Poista
    5. Allright. I hope to see in the future too! All the best!

      Poista
  2. Glad you are doing well, Riitta!

    VastaaPoista
  3. ...I'm glad that all went well.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Mukavaa kuulla, että leikkaus sujui hyvin ja kasvohermo säilyi vahingottumattomana! Vaan oli se iso kivi, huhhuh!

    Kirra on varmaan remontoitu sen jälkeen, kun olin viimeksi siellä leikkauksessa jotain 15 vuotta sitten. En muista, että olisi ollut noin kauniin ja valoisan näköinen.

    Nyt sitten pikaista paranemista!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Kirurgi Anna sanoi, ettei kiveä ilman leikkausta olisi millään saatu pois, ei ihme että se särki. Siellä oli nytkin remppaa menossa, mutta kaikki hoitui silti hyvin. Yksi hoitaja epäili, että kuinka kauankohan sairaala on toiminnassa - vanhahan se on. Anestesia on pirunmoinen juttu, muuta valittamista ei ole!

      Poista
  5. It is a beautiful hospital, of course renovated many times during the years. Greetings over to you Elke.

    VastaaPoista
  6. Glad you are fine. All the best!

    VastaaPoista
  7. Thank you for showing me this great place.

    VastaaPoista
  8. So good to read that everything works out so well and that you only had to stay for one night. But in such a beautiful hospital a longer stay would certainly not so bad either. Never seen such a pretty interior for a hospital. I really have had my mouth open and were speechless. Thanks for sharing with us and for the information. I wish you continue to get better and all the best.

    Greetings and hugs

    Nova

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you for your kind words Nova. The spot is aching allright, but I am convinced it will heal well.

      Poista
  9. I'm glad your surgery is over and went well. I agree with you about the anaesthetic being the worst part. I hope you will not have much pain as the healing goes on.
    What a beautiful building the hospital is.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Lorrie. I trust that the healing goes well.

      Poista
  10. Olen aina kuvitellut, että sairaalat ovat kolkkoja paikkoja, on niitä viihtyisiäkin.
    Hyvä kun hoitosi onnistui ja paraneminen jatkuu.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Helsingissä on muutama kaunis vanha sairaala. Niiden ajanmukaisena pitäminen on tietysti hankalaa ja kallista - mutta ilo potilaan silmälle. Kiitos Millin, rauhallisesti nyt vaan.

      Poista
  11. Kiva kuulla että kaikki on mennyt hyvin. Tämä paikka on minullekin tuttu monella tapaa.

    VastaaPoista
  12. This looks fabulous!!!
    Thank you for joining us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/11/this-is-all-ill-say-about-that.html

    VastaaPoista
  13. I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and will be ready for your little kitten. Beautiful building and views!

    -Soma

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I was really lucky to get the surgery so soon!

      Poista
  14. Glad to read, it is over and good. A great hospital, wish, I could be there.
    Urgent need a clinic füor nose, ears and throat...
    Send you a ray of healing light

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Mascha. I wish you’ll get help as soon as posible!

      Poista
  15. Todo se ve muy bonito.

    VastaaPoista
  16. Onnksi kaikki meni hyvin ja kiusallinen vaiva saatiin kuntoon! Minulla on kanssa ollut niitä kiviä joskus ja ne on kyllä aika kenkkuja. Nyt sitten parantelemiseen voimia!

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.