24 helmikuuta 2017

Five on Friday

It's time to sum up 5 things for Amy's Five on Friday!
I noticed that the hostess is changing in March.
So I wish to thank you Amy for having hosted this lovely meme ❤︎
It's a lot of work, so I understand it is time to let others take care.

As to my post, I'm short.


1 Reading
I have read a lot, mostly newly released Finnish books.
But this book of short stories from the 1980s was a true find - I recommend:



2 Literature evening
Recently I attended the 2nd Kirja vieköön! literature evening of this year.


The guest writers on the stage were interesting, including Koko Hubara,
a multiethnic brown girl, writer, journalist and blogger at her 
blog Ruskeat tytöt / Brown Girls.

Me and some other book bloggers


3 Photographing challenges
I participate weekly in some challenges. Here my photos for
Makrotex Challenge 'Seasoning' & Color Collage 'Strong Colors'.

Papaver orientale, Meconopsis cambrica, Alcea rosea 'Nigra'


4 ATP Rio de Janeiro
It is great that I can watch the tournament live on my couch.
Top ten players are not in Rio, but I'm a fan of some,
for e.g. the Ukrainian Alexandr Dolgopoulos.


5 Winter vs Summer
We got a lot, I mean a lot of new snow. I'm waiting for spring, no snow  - no more!
A few days ago I posted a hilarious poem from the famous Finnish poet
Ilpo Tiihonen - Oh heiferiness and humaness.
It might be worthwhile to look at the link, the poem is really great fun!


Wishing you a great weekend!

17 kommenttia:

  1. Hallo Ritta,

    Thank you very much for your comment. This is a beautiful flower collage. Greetings Eva

    VastaaPoista
  2. The seasoning and strong colours photos look so vibrant, very beautiful

    VastaaPoista
  3. You must have been glad to get out to the literary evening and meet up with other book bloggers and listen to the guest writers. Your mosaic is beautiful as the colours are bright and cheery, but I also like the muted colours of the bunch of tulips. I'm sure you are looking forward to the Springtime! Wishing you a good weekend!

    VastaaPoista
  4. What a fun post! Beautiful flower collage.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Your second literary evening sounds as interesting as the first one you attended. The colours in your photo challenge are amazing. Have a happy friday:)

    VastaaPoista
  6. What a wonderful Five on Friday! Love the photos so very colourful. I am slowly learning to use my camera properly - finally getting off auto mode.

    VastaaPoista
  7. Fun post! Your author evenings always sound so wonderful. Lovely mosaic and tulips! Spring must be coming! Happy Friday!

    VastaaPoista
  8. What beautiful colors the flowers are. I've read that Raymond Carver, can't quite remember the story, but I remember the title. No winter here this year and I don't miss it.

    VastaaPoista
  9. What a great way to spend an evening - with authors! I thought the heiferness poem was hilarious! Is that a pile of tumeric or of dry mustard or something else for the strong colour photo challenge. It's beautiful, whatever it is.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Yes, the orange powdery spice is tumeric. Thank you all for your lovely comments <3

      Poista
  10. Great photo challenge picture. Vibrant

    VastaaPoista
  11. Te deseo un lindo fin de semana también para ti. Besos.

    VastaaPoista
  12. You've managed to find lots of colour despite a lot more snow. Great photos Riitta. 😊

    VastaaPoista
  13. The tulips are are awesome.. I also love to read.. recently I'm reading a book called, Wrath of fury... it is n story about the war between ancient Greece, and Italy...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    VastaaPoista
  14. A week filled with literature, colour and flowers is always a good week in my book. x

    VastaaPoista
  15. I'm with you! NO MORE SNOW! I don't think we are going to have any more here. We have had unusually warm weather for this time of year. Buds are already on bushes. Very pretty pictures.

    Cindy

    VastaaPoista
  16. I am sorry to be late visiting, but I wanted to wait until the link had closed and I could write to everyone who had taken part. Thank you so much for your support of Five On Friday this week and in the weeks gone by. I do so appreciate it and have really enjoyed reading your posts. I hope that you will enjoy going to the new link up just as much and will continue to take part. I hope that I will still see you at my blog sometimes, I will of course still be visiting you sometimes too! Best wishes and many thanks.

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.