24 toukokuuta 2019

Vanishing Beauty



My trees of Prunus domestica ’Sinikka’ bloomed this spring like never before. 
I got them at a plant exchange happening years ago. My trees are thin due to poor soil 
and they are very high, not an easy task to photograph... Morning sun gives a bit yellowish tone, 
but the blooms were pure white and they were a pretty sight against the clear blue sky.
❤︎ 
But all this beauty lasted only for a few days due to hot & sunny weather.


Theres a poem in every flower, 
a sonnet in every tree, 
a tale in every lifetime
its just for you to see...
//
just listen for the music
that your ears cannot hear, 
just strain yourself for the melody
thats so far and yet so near 
- Arti Chopra


Spare a still moment
Every once in a while.
Take in the beauty around.
Take it in with a smile.
- A. T. Alabi



Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold. 
Her early leaf's a flower; 
But only so an hour. 
Then leaf subsides to leaf. 
So Eden sank to grief, 
So dawn goes down to day. 
Nothing gold can stay. 
- Robert Frost



PARADISE
When I met you it was the most beautiful evening
The birds sang and the moon in the sky was glistening
You said let's go to the country, to our countryside
I was thinking, now this thing will work out

When we got there the flowers were blooming, smelling
The sea foamed like beer foams
Instantly went to the beach, took off our excess clothes
The atmosphere was so intoxicating

Oh if I could give you the most beautiful
This huge world of mine
But I won't do that
A brief moment should be enough
When I get to be by your side like this

We wrapped our bodies together, sand stuck to our toes
When we sunk into the intense rhythm of the sea
I guess you joked a bit, straight from mouth to mouth
This is what the grown-ups whisper about

❤︎ 

This is an iconing song from 1974 by the Finnish Rauli Badding Somerjoki (1947-1984)
He was not a handsome man, was very shy - but oh so talented!




And of course the whole Finland is excited about
our World Championship in Icehockey! Congratulations!

12 kommenttia:

  1. Thanks for the poems...and for Somerjoki! ;)
    Have a beautiful weekend, Riitta, in spite of the weather forecast...!

    VastaaPoista
  2. ...beautiful sights for the eye and sounds for the ear. I will be humming all day now. Thanks Riitta for helping me start my day on a bright note. Enjoy your weekend.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Dear Riitta,
    such a splendour of flowers leaves you speechless in front of it and amazed!
    Greetings
    moni

    VastaaPoista
  4. Liebe Riitta,
    Es ist schön, wenn die Obstbäume so üppig blühen. Es ist ein wahrer Blütenrausch.
    Schöne Bilder hast Du wieder gemacht!
    Liebe Grüße
    Steffi

    VastaaPoista
  5. ¡ Que bonito todo riitta ! Besos.

    VastaaPoista
  6. WOW Riitta your photos are so beautiful, wonderful white blooms.

    Hugs
    Anke

    VastaaPoista
  7. Riitta - so, did you get out a step ladder to take these pictures? So delicate and perfect in every aspect. Nice lighting on the branches - I can almost imagine myself there! And congrats to the ice hockey team and all the fans! Always fabulous to have you join Mosaic Monday.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hi Angie,
      No, no ladders for me this summer! My fractured ankle has cured well, so I really don't want it to repeat :) I'm not so keen on icehockey, but my husband is. Thanks god the games are over now. I prefer to watch ATP tennis - now at Roland Garros! Wishing you a great week.

      Poista
  8. Hello, beautiful trees and blossoms. Love the pretty poem! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    VastaaPoista
  9. Beautiful blossoms and trees and I enjoyed your poetry too!

    VastaaPoista
  10. Beautiful blossom

    Mollyx

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.