07 lokakuuta 2018

The Essence of Being a Cat


World Animal Week continues up till the 10th of October, so I'm talking about cats. The essence of being a cat - what does it mean? Every cat owner has, of course, an opinion that is colored by the charm of the own cat. In general, cats are considered more independent than dogs. They are demanding attention and if not given they munch the corner of a book or tap on the keyboard. There are infinite links to cats on the web. HERE you can find a very, very long list of writers who have cats in their books. But the topic of this post is not the character of cats, but literary cats. I’m going to present a few. 

First of all my blog friend Saassa’s Bibi, who aims at Miss Universe. Now Bibi has started sexy pole dance. It’s so great for her purposes: modifies the figure and teaches how to move graciously. The beginning is a bit tedious: the belly is on the way and the claws slip, but as a tough girl, Bibi has decided to master this. Bibi does not write poems herself but inspires her servant Saassa to write and paint. Oh, I hear RAP in this poem. 🎶🎵🎶 - Runot suomeksi.



POLE DANCE
Atm, my lifestyle is mega fab
number-one pussy is training, doing a dab
in my paws I feel the ecstasy of pole dancing
bending around the pole, my body so entrancing! 

Hey dudes, do you get it
I'aint satisfied by some misfit
if you really, really wanna be my bae 
then alot of that coolness, you gotta display 

You better wait for this
I'm not some hit or miss
only the finest of you 
for a hot cat like me -  will have to do

But now, you gotta wait a moment 
lemme check how I should use my talent 
this slippy pole, makes my claws slide 
my pretty pretty butt, to the floor - glide! 

But don't you even dare to doubt 
I ain't leaving this training out 

The best 'Number one Cat' makes the dudes go bonkers 
that pussy-cat, everyone conquers! 
- Saassa



This is how Bibi looks live, quite like her portraits!
After pole dance training Bibi is this drained.



Then we have Tuija’s cat Alma who writes in her own blog poems in the Japanese Haiku and Tanka style. Lovely photos & Alma’s poems can be found here. My translation has certainly disturbed the syllable division. In Finland we write the syllables & lines like this: Haiku 5-7-5;Tanka 5-7-5-7-7. 

Midnightsun night

opens the day's hinge.
Twilight interval
for the light to escape,
for the light to open
slightly the morning.
...
I look at the sky,
I look at the ground. I see them
with blue eyes.
I shut black from my eyes.
I color how I want.


My blogger colleague Heidi has cats Hilma and Siiri.  See the link & more photos of these lovely literature loving cats. If you use Instagram look with hashtags #kirjakissahilma / #kirjakissasiiri. 


Another blogger colleague Virpi has this stunning white Mr. Mannilainen!


Mr. Nappi / Mr. Button has an important job. He works in Reuna Bookshop. The work is heavy but there are pros also: When tired some lovely customer opens her lap for Nappi to take a nap!


The Cat Queen of my life is Sissi, The empress Sisi of Austria. She is very demanding, wants constantly attention. If not given she starts to drop books from the bookshelves - or to eat my plants. But Sissi is without a doubt the best and softest companion in the world.

Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.
- James Herriot

The smallest feline is a masterpiece.
- Leonardo da Vinci

19 kommenttia:

  1. Oi miten ihania kisuja ja runoja♥ Mukavaa syyspäivää♥

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Kissat ON mainioita, joskus riiviöitä myös :)

      Poista
  2. Good morning dear Riitta,
    how wonderful are all the cute cat pictures, I love them so much and they are a very good start in the day.
    Have a nice sunday and
    hugs
    Eda

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Cats bring so much joy to one's life - glad you liked the post.

      Poista
  3. I agree with Leonardo. I love felines.
    Enjoy your Sissi!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Luisella. Did you have a cat too?

      Poista
  4. We are so grateful, Bibi and me, for all this. Thank you Riitta

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. You are welcome Saassa - I had so much fun!

      Poista
  5. Boa tarde Riita.
    Alguém disse que os gatos são seres alienígenas, que um dia vão dominar o mundo.
    Vendo como alguns são inteligentes,... eu começo a acreditar!...
    Excelente artigo. Parabéns.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Si, los gatos son inteligentes y dominantes. Puede ser que vayan a dominar todo el mundo - hoy en dia ya dominan toda su familia :) Gracias por visitar y comentar. Feliz nueva semana.

      Poista
  6. I love this post. Cats Rule! At least my cats think they do. What fun!

    VastaaPoista
  7. Hi Riitta,
    THANK YOU for this wonderful and lovely CAT Post :O)
    HAve a happy new week,
    Love and hugs, Claudia xo

    VastaaPoista
  8. Lovely 'cat-photos' and collage! Have a nice week.

    VastaaPoista
  9. Nuestros gatos también son preciosos. Besos.

    VastaaPoista
  10. VERY cool post, and great photos, all!
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/10/master-potter.html

    VastaaPoista
  11. What a fun post with all the cats and their various activities. I'd like to be a bookshop cat, if I were a feline.

    VastaaPoista
  12. Cats are just the best. Our current feline resident is called Rita

    Mollyx

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.