02 marraskuuta 2017

A bit about German Writers

Ulrike Draesner / Foto: Dominik Butzmann

I have a few German blog friends, so I thought to write a bit about the German books I have read recently, I'm especially interested in contemporary writers. Have had my book blog Kirja vieköön! for two years now. During this time I have read 9 books of German writers:

Nele Neuhaus - Tiefe Wunden
This book I read in Spanish, in Finnish there are available 2 books of this Bodenstein & Kirchoff series.
Andrea Maria Schenkel - Bunker, Kalteis & Tannöd
Ralf Rothmann - Im Frühling sterben
Nina George - Das Lavendelzimmer
Stefan Moster - Die Unmöglichkeit des vierhändigen Spiels, Lieben sich zwei & Die Frau des Botschafters

If you have any tips to give me about some contemporary German writers, I would be thankful! 

Then I'll tell you what happened to me at The Helsinki Book Fair. I made a mistake and went to listen to a German program! My German allows me to read fluently but to listen and write are difficult. That was a program of Goethe Institute. The aim of the institute is to promote the German language in Finland.

Kathrin Schmidt, Foto: Gunter Glücklich

There were these two lovely German lady writers discussing & reading their texts: Ulrike Draesner and Kathrin Schmidt. Their texts can be read at Goethe Institute's site both in German and in Finnish. These writers are spending four weeks in Finland as the institute's guest writers. I find this so interesting! From Schmidt my library has the Finnish translation of Du stirbst nicht and then I found this in Finnish: Mit den Worten des Anderen : finnisch-deutsche Lyrikanthologie, where there are texts of these both writers. I reserved the books at the library and shall tell you later what I thought about them.

The world of literature connects people from different countries. Finland was the theme country at The Frankfurt Book Fair in 2014. There are many modern Finnish writers that have been translated into German. One of my favourites is Sofi Oksanen. Between 2015 and 2017 there has been 69 books translated and published in Germany- this is a pretty good figure! If somebody is interested, here is the link. On the list there are contemporary writers with their recently published books, as well as older books. Then I found online this German  bookstore with book covers. Take a peak!

Sofi Oksanen
Foto: Magnus Fröderberg

Salla Simukka
So schwarz wie Ebenholz, 2015
So weiß wie Schnee, 2015

Sofi Oksanen ❤︎ 
* Die Sache mit Norma, 2017
* Als die Tauben   verschwanden, 2014
* Stalins Kühe, 2012
* Fegefeuer, 2010

Pauliina Susi - Das Fenster, 2017

Selja Ahava ❤︎
* Der Tag, an dem ein Wal durch London schwamm, 2014
* Dinge, die vom Himmel fallen, 2017

Reading gives me happy experiences every day!


10 kommenttia:

  1. Als ich Rentnerin wurde, liebe Riitta, habe ich alles nachgeholt, wozu ich vorher keine Zeit hatte. Ich habe fast jeden Tag ein Buch gelesen. Zum Lesen braucht man Zeit und Ruhe. Die hatte ich vorher nicht. Beim Lesen mag ich auch nicht gestört werden. Es war eine Zeitlang wie eine Sucht.
    Nun stehen andere Interessen im Vordergrund. Man kann nicht alles machen...
    Es ist schön, liebe Riitta, dass Lesen Dich glücklich und zufrieden macht und es bildet ja auch.
    Liebe Grüße
    Edith

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Well, I have these two passions - garden and reading. At the moment reading may be my obsession nr 1! :)

      Poista
  2. Olipa mielenkiintoinen postaus, kiitos tästä. Eli hyvä erehdys oli mennä Goethe Instituutin sessioon!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Sanos muuta Anneli, en minä puheesta kyllä paljonkaan ymmärtänyt vaikka pystyn luettua hyvinkin ymmärtämään. Varsinkin tuota Schmidtiä tituleerataan eturivin nykykirjailijaksi Saksassa. Mielenkiintoista!

      Poista
  3. Vastaukset
    1. En ole vielä ehtinyt lukea Goethe-Instituutin sivuilta näiden leidien tekstejä, tarkoitus on kyllä! Aina on kiva kurkkailla miten suomalainen kirjallisuus muualla menestyy.

      Poista
  4. Estimada Riitta: Es de agradecer, la encomiable labor que haces periódicamente, fomentado la lectura, y más, en estos tiempos, con tantos aparatos electrónico, donde la venta de libros se ha estancado.
    Saludos.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Muchas gracias Manuel,
      Durante estos dos años que he tenido mi blog de lectura he leído 39 libros de escritores españoles y 46 libros en castellano (de Sudamérica también). Después Finlandia España es así mi circulo favorito. Hace algunos días tuvimos en Helsinki la Feria de Literatura, fue un acontecimiento exitoso, aunque también aquí enfrentamos los problemas que mencionaste.
      Te espero un feliz fin de semana.

      Poista
  5. hello
    connais-tu mon autre blog ou je parle surtout des écrivains
    je l'ai un peu abandonné , mais je vais m'y remettre un peu cet hiver

    http://irisombreetlumiere.blogspot.com

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you for the tip Edith.
      I have also a book blog where I write reviews. Among the French writers I'm fond of Pierre Lemaitre and Fred Vargas. I have blogged altogether 14 French books.

      https://kirjaviekoon.blogspot.fi/search/label/ranska

      Poista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.