28 elokuuta 2016

Some Book Tips!

Today not flowers but book tips. I read a lot and actually have also a book blog - Kirja vieköön! - Let the books enchant! I'll give you some tips, in case you also love reading. We have great newly released books by Finnish writers this autumn - but I'll list only some international ones. The covers in my mosaics are the Finnish ones but I'll mention the titles in English.
Above two Nigerian writers:
CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE - Purple Hibiscus 
CHIGOZIE OBIOMA - The Fishermen 
Below:
ELENA FERRANTE - My Brilliant Friend 
The Spanish CARE SANTOS - Desig de xocolata  - Maybe not yet in English!
Detective stories & thrillers:
MARCO VICHI - Death in August
S.K. TREMAYNE - The Ice Twins 
FRED VARGAS - A Climate of Fear 
ANDREA MARIA SCHENKEL - The Murder Farm 
The newest HARUKI MURAKAMI!
The Men without Women

The great Canadian CAROL SHIELDS:

Unless


The Box Garden
Small Ceremonies
The Stone Diaries

Also some Floral Delight for you!

Linking with



Hope you enjoyed my tips - have a great week!

In case you wonder - I have changed the blog name to Floral Passions
- no other changes!

16 kommenttia:

  1. Upeat kollaasit ja kirja ideoita. Alin kollaasi HUIPPU!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Kiitos Esther! Lisäsin tuon kollaasin tännekin Mosaic Mondayn iloksi :)

      Poista
  2. The seasons must have changed Riitta. Lots of great books. I must get round to reading Carol Shields!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I fell in love with Carol Shields. The Stone Diaries was my favourite. Enjoy your week Barbara.

      Poista
  3. As an avid reader I always appreciate book recommendations so many thanks for these.
    Happy Mosaic Monday!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Book covers are always so intriguing...

    VastaaPoista
  5. Hello, looks like a great selection of books. I have been reading more on the hot summer days. Thanks for sharing. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    VastaaPoista
  6. Summer was made for reading. But then, I think all seasons are made for reading! I'm always interested in what everyone is reading -- thanks for the recommendations. Floral delight is right! Happy Monday!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. @ Maggie
      @ Vee
      @ Eileen
      @ Snap -- Yes every season is made for reading! ♥
      Now I'm reading The girls by Emma Cline!

      Poista
  7. I was tickled to see Carol Shields in your book collection. She lived in the same town I do. Reading in summer is one of the best things to do, accompanied by a tall cool glass of water or lemonade, and sunshine!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Until this summer I knew nothing about Carol Shields - but fell in love. What a great writer she was! Glad you enjoyed my books Lorrie!

      Poista
  8. I have done a lot of reading this summer and the Ice Twins was one of the mysteries which was very good. Carol Shields is new to me, I best check this fellow Canadian's books!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. The Ice Twins was really a great thriller... I loved Carol Shields - have a great week Judith!

      Poista
  9. That is a wonderful list, and one that I will copy for a winter holiday. I was thrilled to see Carol Shields there. She was brilliant, though you must also read Ann-Marie MacDonald.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Carol Shields is really brilliant ♥ I'll check Ann-Marie McDonald, she is unknown to me. Thank you for the tip!

      Poista
  10. I wholeheartedly thank you, sweetest Riitta, for your advices, the books you suggest are all so very captivating and the mosaic with your stunning flowers with which you close your post are a true delight for my soul !

    Much love and gratitude

    xx Dany

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.